Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog #1- summer reading reflection

For the book club for summer reading of the book "We Were Here" the teacher that conducted it was Ms. Varrasso. She had a tri fold board with an agenda and what we were goin to dicuss about the book. I liked the way she set it up. The participants were a mix of all the grades. There was about 15-20 kids in the group. Everyone participated. Ms. Varrasso had us get into groups and do an activity where we identified a character in our group and found 2 quotes said by that character. It was a good way to discuss the book and talk to other people you dont usually interact with. I got to hear other perspectives of the book. I got to hear what other people thought of the book in comparrison to my perspective. I thought the assingment to do for the summer reading book was a good assingment. I enjoyed working with students from different grades because it showed me all different peoples opinions of the book. I would rather dicuss in groups lile that than in english class. I think that all the students should read different books and not one book for all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment